Becoming Climate Pledge Arena
The Future of Sustainability and The Fan Experience
Climate Pledge Arena has the goal of becoming the most progressive, responsible, and sustainable arena in the world. The naming rights for the Arena were secured through a partnership between Amazon, Oak View Group, and Seattle Kraken, after a commitment by Amazon and other companies to become net zero carbon by 2040 — 10 years ahead of the Paris agreement. It might sound ambitious— but that’s the point. The group hopes the arena serves as a regular reminder to audiences of the urgent need for climate action and as an example to companies everywhere, even big, complex ones with lots of physical infrastructure, that they can and should reduce their carbon emissions.
A number of key features have already been announced that will ensure the goal of world’s most sustainable arena is met. But that’s not all. Oak View Group (OVG), the largest sports and entertainment venue developer in the world, is building the arena with thoughtful consideration of its multiple uses. Climate Pledge Arena is all about the fan experience, offering –
• A next gen app to reserve parking aggregated by final destination.
• Phone integration that includes subsidized transportation.
• Installation of real-time smart meters and displays showing how much water, energy, carbon, food, waste and other trackable resources are being saved or avoided.
Join CREW Seattle for a compelling panel discussion to find out more about the integration of sustainability and the fan experience.
The panel includes:
- Everett “Fitz” Fitzhgh – Team Broadcaster, Seattle Kraken
- Rosie Selle – VP of Marketing at Climate Pledge Arena
- Rob Johnson - VP of Sustainability and Transportation for the Seattle Kraken and the Climate Pledge Arena
- Gretchen Toshach - MEP Project Manager at Mortenson
Everett “Fitz” Fitzhgh – Team Broadcaster, Seattle Kraken
Rosie Selle – VP of Marketing at Climate Pledge Arena
Rob Johnson - VP of Sustainability and Transportation for the Seattle Kraken and the Climate Pledge Arena
Gretchen Toshach - MEP Project Manager at Mortenson
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Members - No Charge
Nonmembers - $25